Piano Fiasco

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:29:01 -0500

>You know.....I would never come right out and say this to a customer in this
>situation since they are sure to be kicking themselves as it is, but.... why
>would anyone pay this kind of money for a used anything, without having it
>checked out by an impartial professional?

I presume that would be one of the ubiquitous qualified and competent
impartial professionals? And how would a prospective buyer choose such a
sterling individual from among the large shiny yellow page ads, or from the
random (and all different) recommendations from the individuals on their
social and political "A" list? It's really easy to write this sort of thing
off to the rash and impulsive whim of an ignorant victim who didn't have
enough sense to acquire or hire before the fact, the education necessary to
avoid biting the big one, but where do these pre-doomed individuals go to
get the information they need to make a marginally intelligent and informed
decision?

Ron N