Secrets

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:03:09 -0200

Terry asks:

> Is there some secret to clamping or whatever the felt to the mat so
> that you can hold it real firmly in position to get the cut you
> desire?

I butt the felt or cloth against a straight board clamped to a table and
hold the work in place with a heavy board that works as a straight edge
(can push non butted sections flush before clamping).

I suspect cloth is stripped more effectively by feeding the cloth
instead of the cutter.

> Is there any secret to installing the button on the adjustment screw
> such that its cylindrical axis is parallel with the screw shaft so
> that there is no wobble when turning the adjustment screw?

Drill press and holder like Jon Hartman's capstan installer. Make a pair
of l-shaped jaws for a vise (Grip-Master lever-feed vise is great for
this kind of thing) so that there's both land and clearence for the
screw eyes. Get fancy and attach a crank to the spindle, if you like.

Install the screws the same way.

Clark