Steinway Uprights

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:38:58 -0500

>  ummm, Ron??  somebody is offering a 10 year old Steinway upright for the
>hauling?  Man, you guys must be mighty rough with pianos,  I have two that
>are late 1800's and they have been leased out to professionals for years.
>(Can I park my camper in your yard while I load up on these things?)
>Ed

Not exactly Ed, since it's more like ten years older than 70. Of course, at
the appreciation rate of these things, it's probably worth ten times as
much now as it was ten years ago, so maybe I'm being hasty. I wonder what
ten times nothing is worth in Nashville these days? Depends on who records
it, I suppose. I think I could make a piano out of it if I threw enough
time and money at it, but I'm doubtful that I could get what I had in it
with the sale - at least around here. But what am I saying?! Pianos don't
age! Probably be just fine with a little touch up.

In that case - by all means, back that camper up next to the big pine tree
bug in the yard and we'll discuss it over a beer while I watch you load.

Ron N