Verdigris fix

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:27:30 EDT

In a message dated 11/10/01 9:18:22 PM, Auraltuner@AOL.COM writes:

<< Jim,  I don't agree.  Whenever I have found verdigris, I have found wax in
the *flanges*.  >>

Dave isn't this kinda like the statistic that says "everyone who eats carrots
will die"? :-) My first reply was to your comment: <<"It isn't the flanges
you need to replace, it is the shanks.  The shanks have
the bushings.">>

What I said was "Dave, it ain't the *bushings* causing the verdigris" and by
your words you say that "Whenever I have found verdigris, I have found wax in
the *flanges*"... and <<"When the flanges have been dry cleaned, the
pins don't corrode.">>..........now I'm just a po suthern boy but down heah
flanges and bushings are different thingees. So have I missed the point or
What?

 So let me understand........ if the "flanges" are waxy and need cleaning
because the pins are corroding and, after cleaning the "flanges" the pins
don't corrode, what is causing the verdigris?  If you will look at a
'verdigrided' shank you will find that the preponderance of build-up is on
the inside of the forks where there is close contact with the "flange" and a
lesser amount on the outside of the forks where there is no contact with the
flange. If the "bushing" were causing the verdigris wouldn't the green stain
be rather uniform throughout the centers?

 And if the "bushings" were causing the verdigris just where does the
verdigris come from that is on 'most' verdigris infected:) action's 'drop
screws'??
But then my powers of deduction might be suspect I suppose. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)