Trivia

robert goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:38:58 -0500

Farrell wrote:

> I have not serviced a sostenuto on an upright, and being that I don't play,
> I don't have any experience from the pianist standpoint. So my question: Why
> is a sostenuto on an upright a bad/dumb thing?

When I was studying at WIT they had three or four Wurlitzer studio pianos with
sostenuto.  I have never been able to fathom why of all pianos they were
Wurlitzers.  I have never seen them previously nor since so it must have been a
very brief marketing experiment.  Other than that I have only come across a
couple on old pre-war uprights.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV