Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:17:08 -0400

I would like to hear more on this also David. My guess is that static DW =
& UW would not be affected much, but I should think there would be some =
significant potential to affect inertia with different weight hammers.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 4:10 PM
  Subject: Re:=20

  I wasn't so much thinking about 14lb vs 16 lb.  I realize the =
difference hammer to hammer is minimal.  I was more thinking about =
moulding, size, etc..  I assume the hammer weight is less significant =
than a grand because of the hammer's relative position to the lever and =
the fact that it travels horizontally rather than vertically.  In a =
grand the relationship is generally 5 or 6:1.  I was wondering if there =
is such a general ratio for an upright or if it is even significant.  As =
I suspected, it seems relatively insignificant.

  David Love
    ----- Original Message -----=20