Customer needs 415 Hz tuning fork

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 08:03:01 -0500

>| So would the "intermission" fork be sharp or flat?
>|
>    I don't understand your question.  The fork would be what it is.
>Besides at intermission you would never think of changing the pitch of the
>piano unless you have 1.5 hours of tuning time.  So it doesn't matter.
>
>    My point was to accept the pitch changes temperature changes bring with
>performance.  I think that is part of the skill of what is expected of any
>musician making up to $60K.    I can assure them the piano will usually be
>between 1 cps  plus or minus from starting pitch.  If they need to find an
>instrument with less variance, I would be glad to assist in finding such an
>instrument at half the Union Scale per hour.  ---ric

I know Ric, I was just funnin' you. I agree. It will be what it will be
regardless of how badly some one else wants it to be something that isn't
possible under the circumstances. Some concession to reality has to be made
eventually, even in a concert venue. Oh, and chasing the Holy Grail of a
piano that stays on pitch through the temperature and humidity changes from
the lights and crowds ought to be worth full Union Scale if anything.

Ron N