order coloidal silica

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:27:04 -0500

A couple of years ago I had a nice telephone chat with a technical support
person at West Systems. He said that when filling a void adding a filler to
their epoxy would provide a stronger joint. He compared it to putting gravel
in cement to make concrete. He said I had a choice of different things to
add
like coloidal silica, wood filler, graphite, etc.; which ever gave the
finished product I wanted. I use graphite when repairing the face of a
bridge, coloidal silica most of the rest of the time.

John Dewey
jdent@soltec.net