SV: Nordic Convention.

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:45:49 +0200

Kjell Sverre Fardal wrote:

> I forgot to ask you a little question yesterday: Does the Stanwood-method
> include taking any measures or weights of the dampers / damper-levers, or
> does it only include the action and keybord?

No. Stanwood is concerned with the main action alone. That being said, the back
action wouldnt really be much to figure into the equation really, once the front
action is done. If you have a primo done Stanwoodized action on your hands then
you have a lot of "knowns" if you get my meaning. The back action typically has
two center pins, a bushing for the damper wire and the damper itself for
friction concerns, and a lead weight and the weight of the damper assembly for
weight. Not too difficult to adjust the weight of this as desired per say....
but then you need to make sure you keep the dampers "heavy" enough to do the job
they are supposed to do.

> Thanks for a great weekend, Richard!

You are far to kind Kjell, but I thank you for the kindness. I trust you had a
nice flight home and eventually got your bags ?? hehe