sqeaky Langer actions

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:36:05 -0700

Ron, I think V.J. would be longer lasting.=20
     I corrected a problem on some Walters where the spoons were hitting =
the damper rod, but the swings seem to be your problem here. Are they =
nylon or metal w/ cloth bushings?It may be possible to drill out the =
nylon holders and bush w/ cloth. Just a thought,but I'd try the V.J. =
lube first. Tom Driscoll
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ron & Lorene Shiflet=20
  To: PTG - send/receive=20
  Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 7:50 AM
  Subject: sqeaky Langer actions

  Liszt,
    I've ran across a consistent problem in Langer actions in that they =
squeak.  The problem seems to be in the dampers.  Typically, the action =
will squeak when the damper pedal is depressed.  I usually pull the =
action, remove the damper lifter rods and lubricate the bushings with =
petroleum jelly.  Mostly this is done on Charles Walter Pianos but I =
have done it on some of the Kimballs with Langer actions there at the =
end.  =20
      I did this on a Walter about 3 months ago and it's squeaky again.  =
Any suggestions?

  Thanks

  Ron