Steinway hammer alignment

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:26:00 +0200

You have to shim below the left block (cardboard).

Beside, the normal place for hammers of the Steinway is slightly to the
left, allowing for a more quick left pedal (una corda) effect, while
protecting the hammers to go to far on the left if the piano stay a long
time on his side. Seem that this way of centering had not been done on your
piano, I've never seen a S&S really so far at the left side.

In the basses (double and simple), the hammer is more centered.

The soundboard state can make the unisons move that much too especially on a
small piano... If I where you I'd give a check.

Isaac OLEG