Steinway hammer alignment

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:15:41 +0200

Oops, sorry , hope you understood me is slightly to the right (1/3 /2/3 )

As you pointed out ( same as NY )

Isaac

P.S Why 2 pieces of paper and where  ?

On Hamburg S&S the papering is always at the middle of the flange, it does
not goes all along the lips. Once explain me the flange could break if
papered all along (never seen that actually).

It is possible to move the hammer and shank to the right or left more than 1
or 2 mm . If not enough one could paper all in the direction of strings, but
this way the center pin is loaded more one side than the other (no speaking
of the way the hammer moves on a good blow) Nowadays, that is the Hamburg
method used for having the treble hammers fitted (traveled) to the strings
while showing nice even spaces at rest.

Regards.

Isaac