more on this temperament thing

Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:39:50 +0200

Ola Andersson wrote:

    Bill Bremmer wrote:

>      Perhaps a great tuning challenge can be done in your
>      country.  I would present my EBVT with Tempered Octaves
>      against the very best concert quality ET tuning that
>      northern Europe has to offer.Let the best musicians
>      available and the audience decide which piano expresses
>      music best. Richard what do you say? I think I have to make
>      more Wine. Bill bring your Harmonium.
>       Bill Bremmer RPT
>      Madison, Wisconsin

Of course this would be interesting... but its hardly up to me.  Suggest
it to the powers that be Ola.  Get involved !!  Master ET and Technical
disciplins well enough to pass your exams and the field is open and
ready for whatever contributions you burn for !

As far as the challange thing is concerned tho... I am sure it would
suffice to have a demonstration and explanation of HT on piano. If Bill
would like to do a comparitive analysys then why not do just that... ??
tune both ways and tell us whats on his mind.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.