Knabe keyframe stop block felt (was Re: Steinway hammer alignment)

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:14:18 -0500

>Is yours noisy?  Unless I abruptly let up the shift pedal it isn't too
>bad...yet I would think cloth would improve it...
>
>David I.

David, List,

Noise exists when the shift pedal is released as you say.

I experimented putting in a felt / cloth strip, but then the hammer spacing
was thrown off.  So I just it left alone.

Re-examining the situation now, I'll probably go ahead and install a strip
in conjunction with installing new hammers I have ordered.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild