Old Uprights

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:53:51 -0500

>...Which do you feel offers the most  potential as an instrument to keep
>as your own example of what a fine upright  should be, if either one?
>Jesse French #57,636   1914     Kohler and Campbell  #109,825  1909 Clark
>Sprague, RPT Detroit/Windsor Chapter

Clark S., List,

If I were to do such a thing,

and searching my dBase of about 15 + uprights with these two names (none of
which had a noticeable mention of praise),

and since you said, "...if either one..."

and since I have not inspected these two pianos you referenced firsthand,

I cast an internet vote of neither and would wait for one that would serve
such the purpose of, "... what a fine upright should be...".

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild