Running CA

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:36:29 -0500

>Yes, and perhaps you will find yourself "praying" that two people other than
>yourself will be lifting it back up! Especially the old uprights, they can
>sure get pretty heavy - a good tilter really pays its way here!
>
>Terry Farrell

Back when I was young, poor, and (even more) stupid, I tilted old uprights
like this by myself. A strap around a back post so you can lift without
praying helps a bunch. Come to think of it, I used to be able to get an
upright out of a pickup by myself too, without a ramp. That's mostly just
being in the right place. Somehow, against all reasonable odds, I never
killed myself doing this stuff. I did, however, sneeze while I was pulling
off a kneeboard once, and was crippled for over a week. Go figure. Is there
a Patron Saint for idiots? I think mine must surely be worn out by now, so
I try to be more careful these days. Tilters, and professional movers, are
GREAT.

Ron N