more on this temperament thing

Clark A Sprague clarks11628@juno.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:16:47 -0400

List:  Maybe I should don the proverbial flame suit right now, but I must
say this anyway.  Please don't think I am knocking anyone, or their
ideas.  This is supposed to be a discussion forum, after all (I think).
        How many times when we tune a piano, in any temperament, does the
piano shift in pitch, and what started out in one thing, ends up in
another?  I have noticed, when I was newer in this business, that the
piano sounded fine when I quit tuning, but actually sounded better (to
me, anyway) the next day, and upon checking with my accutuner, the pitch
had shifted somewhat..
        Maybe my tunings weren't as stable then as now, or maybe they
will never be as stable as some others on this list.  But how many times
does one thing end up another, anyway?
Flaame suit properly cinched up!
Clark Sprague, RPT
Detroit/Windsor Chapter