Humidity-Sheltered Storage

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:46:17 -0400

At 7:37 AM -0400 10/22/01, Farrell wrote:
>Unless you are willing to control temperature AND humidity in your building,
>I think you stand the chance of courting disaster. Your post sounds like you
>are trying not to do climate control. If you are willing to install climate
>control, there are pretty easy and cheap ways to control the environment of
>a small room. Small heaters are a-plenty, a amall basement dehumidifier can
>be run off a DC H2 humidistat, and there are small room-type humidifiers
>available that could run off the H2 also.

This shed doesn't have electricity. Even if I ran an extension cord
across the front lawn (or buried a branch line from the house), I
don't think I'd try running a dehumidifier in an un-insulated space
(equivalent to dehumidifying the great outdoors). These pianos belong
to me, and they are haul-aways. They would do no worse than the piano
I take care of, belonging to summer music programs and living
throughout the year in unweatherized buildings. I just wanted to
deflect the ground humidity.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Lady, this piano is what it is, I am what I am, and you are what you are"
     ...........From a recurring nightmare.