Broken frame rails on Steinways

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 01:21:50 +0200

Hi ,
That works for sure, but the problem with split (yes!) rails is that
regulation don't stay here, and that energy is lost.

I had the case of a non split hammer rail, that split when in the shop all
the parts where off ( and the shop is climate controlled ). Still did not
understood what had been.

Ok may be I did not notice at first, but I don't think so, I am careful with
that (been caught once it is enough).

Do you have the 3M microfinishing film quality (sanding) in the US ? Is 3M
an American trade ?

I mesure the front rail of the keyboard of my S&S mod C 1969 hamburg, and it
is thinned right and left 0.10 ' difference.

I did not check the keyed, it seems difficult to have it warped (shaped) at
the front accurately (I've find that Kaway key frames where thinned too)

Regards.

Isaac