the better part of valor

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:00:58 -0500

Well now, this might very well prove to be interesting and educational -
possibly even entertaining, if not outright lethal. I got a call today from
the piano sales manager of a local dealership. Apparently, a number of
representatives of dealers around the country are descending on the
local-hood for a three day seminar and knockdown/drag out on the
merchandising of music and the means thereof. They do this annually on a
rotating basis and we're "it" this year. A couple of hours are roped off
Friday afternoon for a light discussion of the relationship between
dealerships and independent piano technicians. The piano sales manager has
through the years become aware that I have expressed an occasional opinion
on a number of related topics and thought I might like to participate. I
indicated that, while I have more opinions than I realistically know what
to do with, I can't guarantee the ultimate popularity of any of them.
"That's exactly why I thought of you first", she said, "I figured you'd
give us the real stuff".

Well what do you know? Can it be that all those years of candid response
and educational attempts have actually made some positive difference? Or is
it that all those years of candid response and educational attempts
constitute justifiable grounds for revenge? Friday, I presume, will tell
the tale. So here I am, counting the hours.

Like I said. This ought to be interesting, educational and...

Ron N