veri-ly veri-ly

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:52:04 -0600

Hi all,
Just an update on my last report on the Verituner.
Getting use to the tool has taken me a little longer than I expected it =
would take me, but as of yesterday my times for tuning were a little =
faster than the SAT and the results stunning to my ears.
I have always been a slooooooow tuner who questioned statements of those =
saying that they tuned in the 30 to 45 minute range.=20
At Reno however,
I happened to see a tech preping a piano for a class that he was about =
to give. I do not know who it was but he was fast.
His speed and different muting techniques made me start to think about =
how the Verituner tunes in a different direction than the SAT.
While the SAT is from the bottom up ( my usage ) the Verituner is from =
A4 to the top then G#4 to the bottom.
In tuning I use only two mutes, a big fat one for the bass and a split =
mute with a steel handle for all plain wire.
The reason for my dramatic one third improvement in time to tune was =
part due to a change in muting.
But the greatest change came from a fellow Verituner  in the form of a =
phone call encouraging me.=20
Thanks David
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com