tilters

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:10:25 -0400

Terry,
    Exactly that. I place a "C" clamp to hold the middle back post to the most
accessible bar of the tilter. I have one of the collapsible tilters. It kind of
folds out from 3 sides. A main "back" if you will and 2 sides that have the
tilting arch on them. I clamp the middle back post of the piano to the main
"back" of the tilter. Anchors it well and never slips.  I guess I should also
not that I make sure that the tongues of the tilter are in complete contact with
the underside of the piano when I tighten the "C" clamp. This demands that the
tilter is actually off the floor while I'm tightening the clamp. The only trick
is sometimes having enough room between the sound board and the back post. I saw
one persons "C" clamp where the "C" part (not the screw) had a small nipple
welded to it in order to bite into the sound board side of the back post. More
insurance I guess. Hope this is clear enough.

Greg

--
Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net