improved time for tuning

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:36:27 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/01 10:55:48 AM, imatunr@srvinet.com writes:

<< strip felt mutes are so bulky >>
<<I never had the correct thickness of felt>>
<<it would wear thin or be too thick and displace the string>>

If the comments above are truly your objection to strip muting, you should
try a rubber temperament strip from Schaff.   Because it is rubber, it
compresses to fit any opening without displacing the string.  It will mute
strings that are closely spaced equally as well as those spaced farther
apart.  I've had it for two years and it hasn't shown any signs of wear yet.

It still takes me over an hour to tune a piano regardless of muting
techniques.  The thing that takes up my time is getting those unisons pure.

Tom Sivak