Voicing M&H BB

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:52:03 -0500

>Junk hammers? I'll buy that. But why the HUGE change in tone across the
>break? I would think that if all the hammers are whatever grade of junk,
>then this must go way beyond hammers only.
>
>Del or Ron? Any input from a belly/scaling perspective?
>
>Terry Farrell

Doesn't seem much likely to me that someone cranking hammers out as fast as
they possibly could would manage to find the time, motivation, and means to
arrange for the bass section to be of an entirely different character than
the tenor and treble section of that particular set of hammers. Anyone with
that kind of ambition and talent could do a lot more damage in politics.

Query - imperative, first tier - priority conceptual validation... does not
compute. Alternative, pejorative reevaluation - affirmative non validation
initial premise. Secondary alternate probability, negative popularity
scenario - soundboard disfunction. High positive probability. PC negative -
inescapable. Che sara.

End-trans.

For what it's worth. I have a BB in a small college that is the FAVORITE
piano of EVERYONE in the entire ZIP code. The soundboard is concave in the
killer octave (BWAAAAArrrr on attack, pitiful sustain), I replace a broken
string on average twice a year because of the obscene counter bearing angle
in the treble, and the string rendering through the tenor and treble is so
abysmal that the piano is virtually un-tunable. What's the selling point?
It's the only piano they have that doesn't CLANG like a Hari Krishna
recruitment drive.

Look elsewhere than the hammers, I would. Use the Force.

Yoda

Ron N