needle update

Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:59:49 -0500

At 23:02 10/24/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>They apparently go up to #12, going down in diameter as they go up in size,
>then get HUGE at #13, and go down again from there as the number increases. I
>smell the blood of an Englishman in a system this neat and obvious. I suspect
>it has something to do with trolls or pookas.
>
>Ron N

...or... something to do with lignes(lines) or picks. [textile talk, here,
picks are number of threads per inch of fabric - originally shuttle throws]

Do those higher numbers show any direct inverse relationship with
size?  Kinda like shotgun bores get smaller as the guages get bigger, or
diopter, or f-stops...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)
=== Note new area code ===

"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin and Hobbes