acrylikey feedback?

Mike and Jane Spalding mjbkspal@execpc.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:46:43 -0500

Clyde,

Good thoughts, worthwhile cautions.  Here's what I'm  thinking:  I will =
practice on some junk ivory pieces until I am confident in the quality =
of repair.  And, I learned yesterday that the technical topic at our =
next chapter meeting will include a demonstration of AK repair of =
ivories!!  Also, there were a number of keys with chips before I made my =
contribution; I plan to repair all of the chips whether I made them or =
not, and disclose all to the owner of the piano.

thanks,

Mike
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 6:45 AM
  Subject: Re: acrylikey feedback?

  Mike,=20
  I have some thoughts although I have never used AcryliKey.  I am =
looking at this from the client's point of view.  If the repair isn't =
truly invisible, I would get a little upset to have a technician return =
keys to me that had obviously been repaired or didn't match each other.  =
Also, since this will be your first try, will your results be as good as =
those done by someone experienced?=20

  Regards,=20
  Clyde=20

  Mike and Jane Spalding wrote:=20

    List, Does anyone have any experience with "AcryliKey II" ?  You =
know, advertizes in the Journal "repair chipped ivory in 20 minutes".  I =
had a small "oops" with a set of keys in my shop for re-bushing, managed =
to drop some on the concrete,now I have a dozen heads to repair or =
replace.  Many are still firmly attached, with small but noticeable =
chips on the front corners.  Seems a shame to remove and replace these =
if they can be repaired.  Is this AcryliKey worth trying? thanks in =
advance, Mike Spalding PS could also use a source for ivory keytops.