Time line

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:19:38 -0400

Interesting post - I think. I don't understand all of it.

In 1965 - did it take you 4 hours and 30 minutes to tune a piano? Did =
you tune 10 pianos in that year?

In 1980 - did it take you 3 hours to tune a piano? Did you tune 200 =
pianos in that year?

In 1980 - did it take you 3 hours to tune a piano? Did you tune 200 =
pianos in that year? Were you working another job? When did you tune =
these 200 - if you only started tuning after work and on Saturdays in =
1990?

It's amazing how you hit plateaus every once in a while when you start =
out. I have been tuning for just over three years full time now - I use =
my SAT III, and just recently I noticed that I am doing a two-pass =
tuning very reliably in 1 hour 15 minutes. Just in the last week I did =
several small pitch raises (up to 20 cents) and a fine tuning in less =
than and hour and a half. Yesterday the lady said she had to leave in =
1-1/2 hours - her piano was 20 cents flat. I was done tuning in 1-1/4 =
hours. Truely amazed myself. Just a couple months ago I had not be able =
to regularly get a pitch raise and tuning to less than two hours - then =
all of a sudden vooosh! You are tuning much faster!

Maybe I'll try your split mute idea. I use two mutes and leapfrog across =
the scale, tuning unisons as I go. I realize it is likely the slowest =
way. It sounds like you are getting faster with your Verituner. I think =
you posted just recently and indicated that it was taking a lot longer =
(2 hours?) to tune with the Verituner.

Terry Farrell =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20