Dead links and SPAM

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:14:33 -0600

At 12:37 AM 10/26/01 -0400, Greg wrote:

>sell to their clients. Best to just delete and move on. The ones I hate

Don't *ever* respond to spam, just delete it. If you must respond to it,
forward it to "abuse" at whatever the ".com" address indicates. Spammers
can have their Internet access cut for doing it.

>are the "We are 18" ones and the "breast / penis enlargement". I really
>must get around to setting up those filters!

I just checked my "trash" folder in Eudora and there are 46 unread "spam"
messages that my filters caught since I emptied the trash last night. Do
get around to it as it's worth it.

One other thing... if you have a WWW page you can "hide" your contact EMail
address with some simple code. This will help fool the email scanning
programs that get addresses from WWW pages. Check out this
link:  http://www.scriptsearch.com/details/3550.html

"Email address code scrambler. Fight spam. Your spam problem comes from
spam crawler robots. They crawl your site to add your email addresses their
spam lists. Make your email addresses invisible to spam crawlers. Hide your
mail addresses from robots in plain sight. Visitors to your web pages can
read and click on your email addresses the same way they do now. Robots
will not find them. Stay off spam lists. Search engine friendly. Easy to use."

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
mailto:john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom