Kimball player

Jon Page jonpage2001@mediaone.net
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:09:42 -0400

At 05:47 PM 10/26/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Often the remnants of leather are very thin and usually will come off
>almost like powder  by light sanding with a hammer reshaping paddle . I
>think recovering the catchers  is often overlooked in reconditioning
>upright actions,  is an easy  task, and  can improves checking on even the
>lightest blow (See this months  discussion on felt- leather cutting
>techniques ). I use tightbond to reglue, but Jon's suggestion of CA and
>white glue sounds even better.
>      Tom Driscoll

Susan's idea of CA and white glue worked in this situation. Over a long
period of time I can't attest to its
stamina over hot hide glue.

I might add, on curved catchers; glue the short curve first on the whole
set, then secure the flat portion.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.