Eterna Piano

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 15:33:24 -0600

Hi Newton,

The Eterna line was sold by Yamaha in Canada for a while about ten years
ago. They were intended as a competitor to the influx of Korean
instruments. I have never seen one the size of a U1 (i.e. 48"). The case on
these was a "photo finish" rather than a wood veneer. Hammers were
different with no underfelt. I didn't mind tuning them.

At 02:52 PM 10/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>DOes anyone know of, had experience with or have information about a
>piano called Eterna.  It is an exact copy of a Yamaha U1.  So much so
>that I can not tell the difference except for the hammer heels.  Keys,
>plate, action and hammers are the same as Yamaha.
>
>Unfortunately the dealer put a plate saying "yamaha" to cover the
>original name.  My concern is that it is a "gray market" piano brought
>here from Japan or other similar places but is not make for this
>climate.  The tuning pins are on the loose side and could be looser by
>spring time.
>
>It needs regulation but the hammers have been files (fairly well) but
>otherwise it is a good piano.
>
>Any information would be appreciated since I have to make a
>recommendation tot he customer about buying the instrument.  She plays
>clarinet but needs a piano for her studio.
>
>It is not listed in my 7th Pierce.
>
>Thank you.
>
>		Newton
>		NJ