Insuring an action

DALE ERWIN erwinpiano@msn.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:15:15 -0800

Hi WiM

   Good advice that filled in the blanks where I left off.  The problem I=
 have is that often times I may have 100 to200 thousand dollars worth of =
rebuilds going at one time and if the client has this kind of insurance i=
t doesn't seem to make sense for them to pay for extra insurance when it =
is'nt needed. Give me your thoughts on this as it's always a sticky wicke=
t/annoyance. =20
 I know when I leave my car at the dealers for repair that their signs sp=
ecifically state
 that they are not responsible for items left in the car but where does t=
here or our responsibility lie. I guess I'm curious as to what I'm really=
 liable for if a complete loss occured.
    Perhaps one option would be to offer to add an insurance charge which=
 as I think of it would probably be nominal if I read the new guild insur=
ance costs correctly.
 I think I calculated my cost on pianos owned and it was about 500 ish pe=
r yr. Thats really not too bad. So the cost of having to pay insurance co=
verage on your garden variety Stwy/Mason etc.with values of 30 to 50 k wi=
th obvious case by case exceptions I.E art case or 9fts. wwould'nt be all=
 that much.
    I do carry that extra policy you suggested by the way. Just in case!

     I'd love more discussion on this from some who have been in the stic=
ky claims situation.

       Dale Erwin