SATlll vs Verituner

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:23:40 -0600

>Verituner users:
>
>How reliable is the verituner at finding the note you are playing?  My SAT
>III has problems with this sometimes.

I'm not surprised. I've played with this off and on for some time during
the (off and on) writing of a PC based piano spectrum analyzer, and it's an
interesting algorithmic challenge with all the aural garbage the mic picks
up. I don't know how the ETD authors handle it, but I've had the best luck
with the simple minded lowest note with the greatest number of higher
multiples approach. Sorry, that doesn't answer the question, but I'm far
more curious as to why one is better than the other and how it's done than
I am which one is better.

Moot point on my part, won't get an answer anyway. I'll go away now.

Ron N