SATlll vs Verituner

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:40:40 +0100

Hello,

The VT finds accurately all notes but the extreme treble or extreme 5 to 8
last basses, but if you are tuning step by step as it is generally the case
there, the VT will follow without problem since the 4 -5 last treble notes
(depending of the piano, on S&S it follows to the top generally).

You can customise the way the VT may follow the notes, 3 levels sensibility,
plus step by step feature or not (plus up only or down only) I am not sure
of that but seems to me that in 'step by step' mode, the VT can jump from
octave to octave at any place on the keyboard.

I did not have noticeable problems with that feature, it is slower to jump
from note to another disjointive note than step by step, but, as I don't
wait for the display to begin tuning, it does not disturb me generally. I
guess the jump is a tad slower than in RCT, and that is comprehensible,
assuming the large quantity of data processed, beside, the display is 'real
time', anyway the eyes cannot notice if it is slower than the sound.

What is disturbing is the fact that if you play an interval, the display
tend to jump to the lower note, so I leave the "higher only mode", then I
can tune while playing octaves, fifths, double seventeenths expanded
stretched with a bit of salt and pepper usually.

Regards.

Isaac