PowerTech Client Management Software

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:36:42 -0600

Greg:

I'd underscore what David I. said today about Time & Chaos.  Very
versatile, easy to use and inexpensive.
You can download it at http://www.isbister.com/chaos32.html

I hope your current program has some way to export your data!

dave

On 10/30/01 at 8:08 PM Greg Newell wrote:

>Terry,
>    We are in the same boat. I too use PTBiz and find that I would
like it
>to do
>some things that it does not but I don't have the money to ask the
author
>rewrite the program just for little old me. I looked at PowerTech
and came
>the conclusion that it just doesn't offer enough to warrant retyping
all
>that
>info into another program. They have not file transfer service so I
would
>have
>to retype everything. With well over 2,000 customers on file ... not
>chance! I
>see nothing else out there and Ed wants too much money so what are
we to
>do? I'd
>love to write my own in Access or equivalent database but I simply
don't
>have
>the time. Have you taken the time to write to Ed and let him know
what
>you'd
>like to see in the program? I did that a very long time ago and the
>response I
>got was "What is it worth to you?" Not what I was hoping for.
Perhaps if
>more
>folks told him what they'd like to see he would think more
positively about
>there being a real interest in his efforts and he could incorporate
new
>things
>into an upgrade type scheme. Just a thought. What are your thoughts?
>
>Greg
>
>Farrell wrote:
>
>> Has anyone messed with this program? I took a quick look and it
does not
>> appear to offer significantly more than PTBiz has to offer. I
would like
>> find something more user friendly and customizable than PTBiz, but
I'll
>also
>> need a pretty good reason to make a switch. Any thoughts?
>>
>> Terry Farrell

David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts