Family Rates at the convention

Carol R. Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:54:04 -0500

Thank you, Alan, for clarifying the Exhibit Hall Policy.  I think
discretionary free passes is an excellent idea.  Certainly solves the
problem of being able to visit the Exhibit Hall with the people who attend
the convention with you!

I also appreciate that, at least at the national convention in Chicago, we
are not asking our family members to pay more to attend classes than we
charge ourselves. That is probably the middle ground, for now. I have no
problem charging non-member technicians more money.

I think PTG family members are very special people, and have earned special
treatment.  They put up with us, and support us so thay we may give of our
time to make PTG all the things that it is.  Without our volunteers, we
would not be able to have seminars and conventions at all!  Our families,
whatever their composition, contribute both directly and indirectly to
making PTG a successfull organization.  We probably couldn't run our
businesses the way we do without their help.

Perhaps in the future, we might provide something like a discretionary,
one-time, reduced-rate Visitors Pass, or single day registration.  I hope we
continue to work on this.

Some of our kids are going to grow up to become piano technicians, anyway,
but the question is, will they be interested in PTG?  What are we doing to
recruit our own youth?

Carol Beigel
At this year's Annual in Chicago, there will be Exhibit Hall passes
available, on a discretionary basis, for those accompanying paid
registrants.  Anyone may contact Sandy Roady at the home office about these
passes.
<snip>
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Chicago.

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Director - TEAM2002