A "Fixture" for drilling P.Block in Piano/Farrell

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 21:26:06 -0600

>Thanks for the picture. It came through just fine. I see you have a plank
>that goes across the entire piano. What are its dimensions and what material
>is it (I see you also have a ?

As I said, it's a plain old double pin plank. It doesn't matter what it is
as long as it's flat, and strong enough to hold up the drill press and base
without sagging.

>steel? reinforcement along the front edge)?

No, but there's a piano hinge on the base that holds the drill press - for
tilt.

>Then the drill press is mounted on a separate board? What are its dimensions
>and construction? And that board just slides over the big board? Any kind of
>friction reduction apparatus between the two blocks (ball bearings, wheels,
>something to make it slide more easily)? Thanks.
>
>Terry Farrell

Dimensions are "big enough to work", and it's scrap pin plank. In this
case, around 17"x10.5". It floats on a cushion of air between it and the
double pin plank, hence the air valve. Air on, moves effortlessly, air off,
sits down and stays put while drilling.

Ron N