traveling paper

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:09:53 +0200

Hello,
I tried the type of glued paper as Post-it, and have find that they tend not
to stay in place (with time) under the pressure of the screw.
Beside, it is gummy (loss of energy, probably minimal, but I did not like
the idea)
Using non glued paper I don't like too (so many things I don't like, I will
search for something I like for a change ;>)

Mostly because I want the paper to stay in place when I dismount the hammers
for weighting them or pinning i.e.

On Steinway profile, if I need more than a few papers, I actually file the
flange with a piece of an old rail with adhesive thin sanding film glued on
it. It is often faster, as the problem is a non straight part or pinning mis
centered, to correct directly the flange and forget about it.

I like that !

Isaac