Extracting Action Screw

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:01:41 -0800

If it broke off behind the plate, you could use a lead concrete anchor =
in the hole in the plate and a shorter screw. The anchor expands when =
you put the screw in. Dry wall or deck screws snap easily. Good luck!
Keith R.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Pianotoone@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 2:18 PM
  Subject: Re: Extracting Action Screw

  In a message dated 04/03/2002 4:54:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, =
RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

    It's simple, Dick. You put a screwdriver in the slot and turn, the =
screw
    breaks, and that's all there is to it. I get a feeling those aren't =
the details
    you wanted though. My preference is to leave the dumb things in =
there (if
    there's room to get past them), and put a new screw right next to =
them.
    Something like a sheet rock screw, only heavier gage and longer, is =
available
    at any decent hardware store. They are roughly 73 times harder than =
the
    originals, but even so, I'd drill a pilot hole

  Actually these action screws are the kind with a3 inch plastic spacer =
between the bracket and the plate.  Don't know if I could get a drywall =
screw that long.=20