Vellum (leather) Hinges

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 08:48:40 -0800

I usually glue the vellum into the slot with cold hide glue, making certain
that none gets outside the slot. There should be a .001" or so amount of
vellum visible between the two parts. This visible vellum should not have
any glue on it. Try to be consistant. Takes practice but is doable. I apply
the glue to the slot with a very thin pallette knife, then insert the
vellum. The downward insertion of the vellum usually assures that the glue
stays in the slot.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)