Slick Key Bushings.

Fri, 05 Apr 2002 23:47:14 +0200

Jon Page wrote:

> At 02:42 PM 4/5/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >So listen to Newton and his "polish the darn Key pins" line.  I for one
> >have learned not to underestimate the value of the least possible
> >friction (of any kind) between key pins and bushings.
> >
> >RicB
>
> Better than a CLP on the pins for lubrication is to put Teflon powder on
> the felt.
>
> Jon Page

I do both on every occasion I rebush. But I can tell you.... the difference
between doing that and what I got from a couple drops of CLP on the bushing
cloth in addition was astounding. Course 10 days is not a test of time, and
I will be interested to see how long it lasts.

When I rebush both these instruments I think I will teflon the bushings
before glueing them in, and then after they are dry I will add a drop of CLP
or McLube to each.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.