Slick Key Bushings.

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 00:45:22 +0200

I have been using talcum powder for a long time and it was never
satisfactory.
Then came pure teflon powder and part of the problem was over.
Since then, I have used teflon a lot (for knuckles) in combination with CLP
(for center pins) and MCLube (for balance rail and front rail pins, but also
on other wood/metal contacts in the piano like repetition springs and
wood/wood contacts like key bed and key frame.
There is also a combination possible of teflon powder and McLube for the
contact between the wippen balancier, the jack, and the knuckle but that can
be quite dangerous).

Too much of all that stuff will turn any piano into a Horowitz piano, so a
more 'scientific approach' is absolutely necessary.

Anyway, the squeeks are gone for good.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,