chickering square grand general info.

Jay Mercier jaymercier@hotmail.com
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 05:16:46

A local refinisher calls today and asks how much this piano may be worth.
He claims his customer just purchased it from the governor's mansion in PA.
It's an 1867 Chickering Square Grand Louis IX or XV, I don't know.  Serial
30726.  I said I had no idea except that other technicians that I know have
said to stay away from square grands, as instruments.  The case is
exceptionally detailed with "lions heads."  So.... any general comments out
there about this? Are these instruments worth rebuilding and if so, are the
parts easily available?

Jay Mercier
Associate member,
Twin Cities Chapter PTG