Chickering Square Grands Question

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 06 Apr 2002 15:42:35 -0500

Professor Garrett said:

> If you take the proper attitude towards these instruments, quite possibly
> you will knock off the B.S. towards them. To me it simply shows the
> ignorance of the one verbalizing such garbage. (Flame suit/helmet/boots
> firmly in place!)

Take your suit off Joe. I know where there's 2 in the same home(15 minutes
from here)..1 pre-Civil War(1843) Chickering and a 1873 S&S. Neither of them
are playable, but they are impressive as far as wood workmanship. One
problem is the owner of these 2 thinks he has 'priceless antiques' on his
hands. They may be, once fully restored. Unfortunately, this owner is not
interested in hearing that their 'value as is' resembles 'not much'. Too
bad. Talk about a project for 'da rook'...

-Phil Bondi
tito@philbondi.com