Tallow!

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 23:32:10 EST

Kevin writes:
> even if it were the best thing in the world, I wouldn't use graphite on
>the keybed or keyframe, and here's why; I may not always be the tech working
>on this piano. Somebody else comes in, pulls the action, and not finding
>any better place to put it, places it right down on their brand new deep
>plush carpet which is ssoooooooo white that they have asked the poor SOB
>to take off his shoes as he's coming in................

   I only use the graphite on the glide button inserts, and once burnished,
it doesn't come off on the buttons themselves.  But that is beside the point,
 any tech that would put an action down on a white carpet is in need of a
lesson, in a hurry.  It is also a pretty good idea to know where the action
is going to go before it gets pulled out of the piano.
Regards,
Ed Foote