Ivory

Jon Page jonpage2001@attbi.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:50:06 -0500

At 11:18 AM 4/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>OK, who can do some very good ivory repair?  I have a customer with a
>concert grand with ivory keys.  One key has a small crack in the tail
>portion.  Visually it is not very noticeable, but when your fingers go
>between the black keys you can feel it.  I won't try a fix, I simply don't
>have the skills.  Who does?
>
>dave

Slightly enlarge the crack and fill with AcryliKey II from Richard Wagner.
mailto:Rjwag@pacifier.com

As long as the ivory is tight, that's the easiest route. It also maintains
the level
between the head and tail, that would really be felt.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com