Whitney grand action removal

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:14:17 -0700

John,
I just had one of these situations and it turned out to be the return =
spring jammed into the soft key frame, locking up any possibility of =
pulling the action out normally.=20

Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John M. Formsma=20
  To: PianoTech=20
  Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 12:03 PM
  Subject: Whitney grand action removal

  Greetings, List.

  This Kimball piano action is stuck on the treble side. It is the type =
which
  has on either side of the keyframe a small block of wood with two =
screws
  holding the keyframe pins into the keybed. Having worked on several of =
these
  with no problem removing the action, I am at a loss as to the reason =
this
  one is stuck.

  The keyframe is free to the extent that one can lift it up slightly in =
the
  front. The bass side will slide out, but the treble side will not =
budge.
  There seems to be no misplaced screw in the keyframe and no visible
  obstruction from the pinblock.

  Anyone had this problem before, or any ideas?

  Thanks in advance.

  John M. Formsma
  Blue Mountain, MS
  PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter