Has anyone ever heard of a "Jazz" tuning?

David and Julie Streit pianomann777@hotmail.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:39:09 -0700

I had a friend from Arkansas call and ask me a question.  This friend is =
learning how to tune and one of her "guinea pigs" requested that her =
piano be tuned to the "jazz" method.  All I can think of is that maybe a =
"Jazz" tuning is some kind of newfangled temperament. Maybe Arkansas =
just has it's own way of being different. :0)

Has anyone ever heard of the "Jazz Method"?  And can you explain it?

Thanks,

Dave Streit, RPT
AAA Piano Service
Beaverton, OR