Has anyone ever heard of a "Jazz" tuning?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:34:41 -0400

Have you ever heard the expression "close enough for jazz"? Maybe it's just a quick and dirty tuning?

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "David and Julie Streit" <pianomann777@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 9:39 PM
Subject: Has anyone ever heard of a "Jazz" tuning?

I had a friend from Arkansas call and ask me a question.  This friend is learning how to tune and one of her "guinea pigs" requested that her piano be tuned to the "jazz" method.  All I can think of is that maybe a "Jazz" tuning is some kind of newfangled temperament. Maybe Arkansas just has it's own way of being different. :0)

Has anyone ever heard of the "Jazz Method"?  And can you explain it?

Thanks,

Dave Streit, RPT
AAA Piano Service
Beaverton, OR