Let off

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 07:28:17 -0400

Hi Rogério,

You are correct.  It is similar to pitch raising.  You have to have the
piano in decent tune and on pitch before you can tune it.

The action has to function reasonably well before you can do a fine
regulation.  If something like low capstans or too close checking
interferes with your current operation then, yes, take your regulation
procedure out of sequence so you can get proper function.

I do that all the time but I have a check list of my regulation which I
use so I don't forget something and I sign it and give it to the
customer when I am done.

		Newton