MARC convention

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:40:03 -0400

On Tuesday, April 9, 2002, at 08:27 AM, Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Friends,
>
> The PTG Mid-Atlantic Regional Convention is the first convention I've
> attended that gave the option of lumping food into the registration
> fee.  I liked it!

Only my cholesterol levels suffered -- mainly from the pastry breakfasts
and the delicious desserts at the dinners and evening receptions!
Fortunately there was a reasonably well equipped exercise room available
24 hours a day, to balance the frequent meals. About the only time I
could find in the schedule to use the gym was between 5-6:30 AM. I
needed to, because most of my time on Friday and Saturday was spent
standing at the PTG Membership Booth/Store, with the assistance of Chuck
Erbsmehl and PTG President Nolan Zeringue, selling PTG CDs, books, and
business aids.

Seriously though, the PA State team did an incredible job putting on
this seminar! On Thursday I was free to attend the Yamaha Disklavier
class, where I learned how to replace a floppy disk drive, and reviewed
the proper procedures for general troubleshooting and regulating
trapwork solenoids.

Most everyone I spoke to was very satisfied with the quality of the
classes that they attended, and all other aspects of the conference.
Four Associate members succeeded in completing their exams, and  became
recognized as Registered Piano Technicians. Two of them received their
RPT pins at the banquet, to a round of applause, another at the exhibit
hall during the door prize session. I'll need to mail the fourth one's
RPT pin to him because I didn't find him before the end of the weekend.

If you missed this event, you can STILL make it to the NEECSO conference
at Burlington, VT, April 25-28, or plan ahead for Chicago in the last
week of Jine.

Best wishes,

Patrick Draine, NERVP